The Swartz Creek Area Fire Association was created on March 25, 1925, serving the Village of Swartz Creek and surrounding Townships of Gaines, Clayton and parts of Flint and Mundy. Memberships were paid by residents with an initial fee of $25.00, plus $2.00/year thereafter. Businesses invested $50.00. The first year yielded 220 memberships. The Association purchased a 1925 REO Speedwagon with an open cab.
The Association was declared illegal by the Michigan State Accident Fund & Workers Compensation Insurance in 1952. On March 31, 1952, the assets of the department were turned over to Gaines Township, Clayton Township & the Village of Swartz Creek.
The mission of the Swartz Creek Area Fire Department is to enhance the quality of living in our community by preventing or minimizing injury and loss of life or property resulting from fire or other emergencies, natural or man caused, that may occur within the jurisdictional boundaries of the City of Swartz Creek and/or Township of Clayton.
~Information about our fire district you may be interested in~
|Clayton Township||Swartz Creek City|
|% of land by zoning|
|% of land residential|
|Change from 2010 to 2011||-0.87%||-0.87%|
|Total Fire District Population||13,223|
|Territory Size||34.5 square miles||4.2 square miles|
|Total Fire District Size = 38.7 square miles|
Click Here to return to the top of the page to pick the next page to visit!